So, there’s no point to this post. The only reason I’ve done it is that I’ve always been in love with this opera and wanted to share. I know exactly when the love of it started for me – and no, it wasn’t Apocalypse Now. It was the Kill the Wabbit act of What’s Opera, [...]
Thursday, November 1, Mike Patton of Faith No More brought Tomahawk to Houston for the first time in over a decade. It was an outstanding display of musical ability in the little Fitzgerald’s venue. Tomahawk has a cult following, mainly due to Mike Patton’s previous fame with FNM. They started in [...]
All you need to do to know as a matter of fact that analog is better than digital is take a listen to your favorite song played side by side on an mp3 or CD and then on vinyl on a good turntable. Take it further and power that turntable through some nice vintage speakers [...]
Quick Answer – Son House. Master of the slide guitar, born in 1902. He has a ton of great songs, a lot with repetitive riffs and filled with blues and southern gospel soul. He drips with coolness. I just wish I could have seen him at some point. He passed away in 1988, after touring [...]
Alright folks, we only have one winner for August 28…
Brought to you by The Eurythmics in 1983, we have Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This). A pretty short-lived British duo, with a ton of hits while they were around, this was their biggest. A lot of people can still sing along with this still today. The voice [...]
Alright, up this time is Kris Kross, Michael Damian, Stevie Wonder and The Rolling Stones. This round up further proves my opinion that #1 songs suck for the most part. I couldn’t bring myself to post anything from the late 90′s or 00′s due to the fact that I hate them so much. I won’t [...]
We had an awesome time with 1/2 Mad Poet from Chicago on Sunday night! They played at Bryan Street Tavern, put on an excellent show with great sound, beer flowing and food coming hot (so hot I confused the roof of my mouth with cheese).
As always, the [...]
Since the beginning of the year, comics artist Ed Piskor has been doing something really amazing over at Boing Boing:
Filled with in-fighting, rhyme-stealing, discord, and harmony, the series takes its time to dig in and show the little bits and pieces of how hip-hop culture came to be. [...]
- ’30s style abortion.
- The Amazing Texas Theatre.
- Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- Fat girls and tattoos.
- Best Pizza By Style – DFW
- Movies you don’t have to think about.
- Peppermill Fireside Lounge is keeping it real.
- China Crown – Oak Cliff Wins Again!
- 11 Must-Read Buddhist Books…
- Hard Times Beef Jerky.
- email@example.com on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Amber Medin on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Brew news: DFW craft breweries opening this year on Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- Mark on I Don’t Appreciate Your Ruse, Stateside Pie & Beer.
- your mom on Worst Damn Things: The Hardest Leg Kick You Will Ever See.
Like what we're doing? Best Damn Things gladly accepts tips!