The anticipation was nerve racking. Scheduled openings were pushed back several times. Then FINALLY the day arrived and East Dallas’ newest pub, White Rock Abbey, opened its doors last Saturday. Located at 9909 Garland Road in Dallas, the Abbey is a new and exciting option for far East Dallasites who have virtually no other [...]
With the craft brewing craze coming to a peak in Texas, there are some beers we’d like to see infiltrate the walls of the Republic someday (REMEMBER THE ALAMO! – no really, you remember that? we got our asses kicked!). There are some fantastic breweries other than the ones we’ve been highlighting from Houston, Austin, [...]
Arrogance and feeling that we need THEM more than they need US. That can be a common problem with people new to success and fame, albeit local and small [...]
Best Damn Things recently embarked on a leisurely 3 day, 700 mile motorcycle excursion behind “the pine curtain” of East Texas. This area contains the oldest town in Texas – Nacogdoches, which dates all the way back to the 18th century! The people of the region are predominately of English, [...]
I’m trying to do my best to tell everyone about Strangeways – the absolute best bar in Dallas. You’ve seen us write about them in our Out With the Old, in With the Strangeways and Viva Los Strangeways! articles already, so I hardly need to explain. Selection, [...]
I’d like to take this time to confess the deep love affair I’m having with Strangeways. If you don’t know Strangeways, check out my original review here. Owner Eric and his Strangeways family really have created something special. It’s no secret that Best Damn Things frequents this super fine establishment and we [...]
If Lee Harvey’s of south Dallas grew an unkempt neck beard, got a sleeve of tattoos on its calf, was a member of the Delta Tau Chi’s, then had sex with and impregnated The Gingerman of Dallas the offspring would be born in Denton, TX and would be named Oak Street Drafthouse.
When you [...]
I first discovered the “fast food chain” Burguesa Burger a few years ago when I was exploring the little known underground tunnels of downtown Dallas. It was about lunch time when I rounded a corner to find an area of the tunnel resembling a mall food court. It was there I first saw it. [...]
- Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- ’30s style abortion.
- Movies you don’t have to think about.
- WorstDamnThings. – Rep. Todd Akin…
- Fat girls and tattoos.
- Peppermill Fireside Lounge is keeping it real.
- Top Sci Fi Books of the 60′s…
- China Crown – Oak Cliff Wins Again!
- Lee Harvey’s, Dallas, TX.
- firstname.lastname@example.org on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Amber Medin on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Brew news: DFW craft breweries opening this year on Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- Mark on I Don’t Appreciate Your Ruse, Stateside Pie & Beer.
- your mom on Worst Damn Things: The Hardest Leg Kick You Will Ever See.
Like what we're doing? Best Damn Things gladly accepts tips!