The incomparable Zig Ziglar, pictured at left, has passed away at the age of 86 in Plano, Texas.
Following in the footsteps of Dale Carnegie, Zig Ziglar was a renowned motivational speaker, author and salesman. Recognized to be one of the most outwardly positive men in the world, people memorized his quotes and advice like [...]
I have an answer for you – Prospero’s at 39th and Bell. Quite possibly the best bookstore in the Midwest.
This place has everything you could ask for in a bookstore and retail establishment in general – great service by a bunch of cool guys, stocked with thousands of [...]
I’m reading “The Sense of Being Stared At” by Rupert Sheldrake right now. It raises a lot of interesting subjects, not commonly thought about – at least by me. Much like Malcolm Gladwell’s books, it raises more questions than answers and doesn’t present any conclusions. That’s a little frustrating about the book, but I understand [...]
Food in America has really gone through some amazing changes. Europeans who traveled here in the 19th century wrote that America had the best variety and freshest food in the world. What the hell happened?! Author Tyler Cowen explains it all pretty well in his book titled An Economist Gets Lunch: New Rules for Everyday [...]
The 60′s – when Sci Fi really started to become groundbreaking. There’s a great article identifying some of the best work from iconic authors right here.
I wouldn’t call myself a connoisseur of fine 60′s sci fi, but being the nerd I am I have read some of them. I say nerd [...]
Since the beginning of the year, comics artist Ed Piskor has been doing something really amazing over at Boing Boing:
Filled with in-fighting, rhyme-stealing, discord, and harmony, the series takes its time to dig in and show the little bits and pieces of how hip-hop culture came to be. [...]
Via the wonderful Waylon Lewis of Elephant Magazine – 11 Must-Read Buddhist Books.
“1. Give them a taste: Anything by Pema Chodron, but I’d recommend The Wisdom of No Escape.
2. Keep ‘em coming back for more inspiring, accessible, applicable wisdom with Shambhala: Sacred Path of the Warrior.
3. Now they [...]
One of the most interesting phenomenons I notice in myself with relation to technology (either at work or home) is how damned hard it is to step away from it. Any of it. I’ve taken to self-imposed times of no-tech (though I still use my iPhone’s timer to tell me when I can get back [...]
- Fat girls and tattoos.
- Peppermill Fireside Lounge is keeping it real.
- Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- China Crown – Oak Cliff Wins Again!
- Hard Times Beef Jerky.
- WorstDamnThings. – Rep. Todd Akin…
- Movies you don’t have to think about.
- Double Down Saloon Dominates Las Vegas.
- Oregano’s – Pizza Beast-ro.
- email@example.com on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Amber Medin on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Brew news: DFW craft breweries opening this year on Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- Mark on I Don’t Appreciate Your Ruse, Stateside Pie & Beer.
- your mom on Worst Damn Things: The Hardest Leg Kick You Will Ever See.
Like what we're doing? Best Damn Things gladly accepts tips!