While most people avoid it like poison their whole life, read this and you will actually have a reason to visit Lancaster, Texas… in fact, you will have two. Believe me, I know any justification to get near Lancaster would have to be damn good. Well, how about I give you the best damn rational of all… tattoos and Mexican food.
Here’s the scenario. You want some new ink and you want it from an extremely talented artist and at a reasonable price. So, you head to The Tattoo Shack located at 1326 N. Dallas Rd, Lancaster TX who has several of the best artist anywhere. You walk in and find a soft spoken gentleman in a wheelchair named Guero. He’s the owner and head artist. You tell him you read on BestDamnThings that he is the best. He quietly affirms your assessment. Since you are a pro and a total original, you know enough to never choose a design from off of any tattoo shop wall and begin to discuss your custom design with Guero. After a few question of confirmation, he goes to work hand drawing your idea. You say you’ll be back in about 45 minutes and walk across the street to Lancaster Taqueria for the best fucking gordita you’ve ever had (and I don’t mean the literal Spanish translation of a fat girl.)
You’re there before they close (6pm Monday through Saturday and 4pm on Sunday.) You walk in and belly straight up to the counter (or caja as instructed on handwritten signage). You order two, as you know they are packed fat with juicy meats and couldn’t handle more than two. You choose a cold drink from the reach in coolers which are full of every type of Mexican drink you can imagine and relax at a table. Your order is delivered piping hot in a matter of a few minutes along with two jumbo bowls of red and green salsa. You enjoy the best fucking gorditas you’ve ever had. Crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. Perfectly cooked meat mixed with white onions and fresh cilantro. You then choose a celebratory six pack of your favorite beer “to-go” from the reach in coolers on the other side of the dining room, you pay your tiny bill and walk back to The Tattoo Shack.
Check out and “like” the Tattoo Shack on Facebook.
This post has been read 21853 times!
- Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- ’30s style abortion.
- Peppermill Fireside Lounge is keeping it real.
- Movies you don’t have to think about.
- Arrogance Breeds Failure: A Lesson in Quality Service and Product.
- Double Down Saloon Dominates Las Vegas.
- Fat girls and tattoos.
- WorstDamnThings. – Rep. Todd Akin…
- You Will Be Hooked…on Shepherd Park.
- firstname.lastname@example.org on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Amber Medin on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Brew news: DFW craft breweries opening this year on Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- Mark on I Don’t Appreciate Your Ruse, Stateside Pie & Beer.
- your mom on Worst Damn Things: The Hardest Leg Kick You Will Ever See.
Like what we're doing? Best Damn Things gladly accepts tips!