We had an awesome time with 1/2 Mad Poet from Chicago on Sunday night! They played at Bryan Street Tavern, put on an excellent show with great sound, beer flowing and food coming hot (so hot I confused the roof of my mouth with cheese).
As always, the view from the patio didn’t disappoint…it’s a beautiful spot in East Dallas. 1/2 Mad Poet had no idea how cool of a place they’d gotten booked at! They seemed to like it quite a bit, though.
They took the stage at about 9pm, playing around with Alanis Morrisette’s “You Oughta Know” and blasted their way through Neil Young, Fleetwood Mac and others…full set list at the bottom. Overall, SOLID musical ability – Janet on that Yamaha set sounded amazing, Sheela playing the bass like a master and Anita on guitar and vocals, shredding some fairly technical songs. If you’re able to catch them in Chicago or Kansas City, do it – they won’t disappoint!
1) You Oughta Know – Alanis Morissette
2) Imbroglio – 1/2 Mad Poet
3) Til the World Ends – Britney Spears
4) G-Funk – 1/2 Mad Poet
5) Sincerely Yours – 1/2 Mad Poet
6) Run – 1/2 Mad Poet
7) Sea of Madness – War Babies
8) I’m Not the One – 1/2 Mad Poet
9) Pictures – 1/2 Mad Poet
10) Sunday Evening – 1/2 Mad Poet
11) Hungry – 1/2 Mad Poet
12) Change the World – 1/2 Mad Poet
13) Listen – 1/2 Mad Poet
14) Rhiannon – Fleetwood Mac
15) My Doorbell – White Stripes
16) Keep On Rockin in the Free World – Neil Young (SO awesome…)
This post has been read 3983 times!
- Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- ’30s style abortion.
- Movies you don’t have to think about.
- WorstDamnThings. – Rep. Todd Akin…
- Fat girls and tattoos.
- Peppermill Fireside Lounge is keeping it real.
- Arrogance Breeds Failure: A Lesson in Quality Service and Product.
- Top Sci Fi Books of the 60′s…
- Jerome, bring me my Caduceus.
- China Crown – Oak Cliff Wins Again!
- email@example.com on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Amber Medin on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Brew news: DFW craft breweries opening this year on Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- Mark on I Don’t Appreciate Your Ruse, Stateside Pie & Beer.
- your mom on Worst Damn Things: The Hardest Leg Kick You Will Ever See.
Like what we're doing? Best Damn Things gladly accepts tips!