As we wander around Dallas somewhat aimlessly on a mission to try every place that is rumored to have great food and a wicked beer selection, sometimes we hit and sometimes we miss. The Anvil Pub has been on my list to try for quite some time and we finally strolled in off the street a few Sundays ago. I knew from the first step inside that this place would be a hit, destined to be made immortal here and rightfully labeled one of the best damn pubs in Dallas.
The Anvil Pub located at 2638 Elm Street embodies what Deep Ellum is supposed to be… COOL. In every sense of the word, this place is COOL!
There’s authentic pub atmosphere enhanced by a long banquette underlining warm wood paneled walls and accented by original brick from the old building. It’s dimly lit with an open layout and has a big beefy bar. There’s plenty of televisions and great music the likes of Nirvana, Sublime, Weezer, Red Hot Chili Peppers, etc pumping over the P.A. – COOL!
They have an amazing, extensive beer selection featuring my favorites Boulevard Dark Truth and Dogfish Head 90 along with rotatators like Omegang Art of Darkness, Peticolas Velvet Hammer and many, many, many more top notch brews. – FUCKING COOL!
Of course there’s a terrific menu with better than bar food items such as:
There are absolutely zero pretenses at the Anvil Pub. This place is an authentic, laid back, diverse pub with terrific food, drink and service – with a place this cool, you just can’t miss.
This post has been read 2589 times!
- Movies you don’t have to think about.
- Peppermill Fireside Lounge is keeping it real.
- Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- WorstDamnThings. – Rep. Todd Akin…
- Fat girls and tattoos.
- China Crown – Oak Cliff Wins Again!
- ’30s style abortion.
- You Will Be Hooked…on Shepherd Park.
- Baby Goat Melts In Your Mouth…
- firstname.lastname@example.org on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Amber Medin on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Brew news: DFW craft breweries opening this year on Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- Mark on I Don’t Appreciate Your Ruse, Stateside Pie & Beer.
- your mom on Worst Damn Things: The Hardest Leg Kick You Will Ever See.
Like what we're doing? Best Damn Things gladly accepts tips!