Funny, I just ran across this article in the Dallas Observer. It reminded me of trying a little bit of it at Strangeways Friday night. I didn’t want to be reminded. The author of the article hit the nail on the head.
The color and smell draw you into this ale. It looks high quality and smells like maple syrup with a little bit of smoke. Very exciting to the palate, you can’t wait to try it!
You take a sip and the maple taste overwhelms your mouth, it’s salivating waiting for more! Then…DAMN…it’s like you took a shot of Liquid Smoke! The lingering death hanging in your mouth can’t be washed away that easily…it’s going to take a minute. For some reason it felt as if it was burned into my sinuses , but yes, it does go away eventually.
I love Rogue…well, most of what I’ve had I love. This here…it’s an abomination that should be dumped down the drain while you try to avoid swallowing the bleach under the sink just to make life bearable again.
This post has been read 10492 times!
- email@example.com on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Amber Medin on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Brew news: DFW craft breweries opening this year on Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- Mark on I Don’t Appreciate Your Ruse, Stateside Pie & Beer.
- your mom on Worst Damn Things: The Hardest Leg Kick You Will Ever See.
Like what we're doing? Best Damn Things gladly accepts tips!