The Observer’s Jim Schutze wrote a great article about the mosquito / West Nile / paranoid spraying that will be going on in Dallas County.
I haven’t done the research Jim has, but here’s my opinion in the matter – it sucks to not have the choice to be subjected to poison falling from the sky. There’s enough shit in the air, water and food supply without adding to it. At least I have a degree of control over some of this. I don’t have to eat fast food (I do, but limited…). I don’t have to drink alcohol (I do, but…well no, not limited…). I don’t have to smoke (I don’t…). But…I do have to be either inside with the air conditioning on or outside. There aren’t many other options outside of that. I am a sweaty son of a bitch, so sitting around inside with no air in the Dallas heat is not one of my options, people. I think the whole thing is ridiculous.
This post has been read 1124 times!
- Movies you don’t have to think about.
- Peppermill Fireside Lounge is keeping it real.
- 11 Must-Read Buddhist Books…
- Cigar City Brewing – Come to Texas.
- Fat girls and tattoos.
- Top 50 Craft Breweries In America…
- China Crown – Oak Cliff Wins Again!
- You Will Be Hooked…on Shepherd Park.
- Lee Harvey’s, Dallas, TX.
- email@example.com on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Amber Medin on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Brew news: DFW craft breweries opening this year on Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- Mark on I Don’t Appreciate Your Ruse, Stateside Pie & Beer.
- your mom on Worst Damn Things: The Hardest Leg Kick You Will Ever See.
Like what we're doing? Best Damn Things gladly accepts tips!