Want to know where the absolute best pizza in DFW is… by style… according to me? Then allow me to summarize.
Indulge me for a moment while I beat the dead obvious horse. The list for places creating authentic Neapolitan pizza in DFW is short. The clear winner agreed by most is Il Cane Rosso in Deep Ellum. Find out why I agree by enjoying Best Damn Things own Cane Rosso review by Bryan here. Or better yet, go get some and see for yourself.
People who’ve had it agree. 4 stars on Yelp and 77% on Urban Spoon.
New York Style:
For big, wide, foldable, hand tossed, sop up the grease on top with a napkin pie you can’t go wrong with Zuko’s Pizza in Rowlett. Typical to places of the sort, this tiny dive in a weird location serves some of the best tasting food you likely will never have. Well, you’re missing out big time.
People who’ve had it agree. 4.5 stars on Yelp and 90% on Urban Spoon.
There are actually a couple of sub-styles of this type of pizza, the lesser association to Chicago being the thin or cracker crust pizza that is cut into squares. This style is also known as a tavern cut, Chicago bar style pizza. I tend to agree with Chef Guy Fieri. His show Diners, Drive Ins and Dives has featured not only the aforementioned Cane Rosso, but also Louie’s in Dallas. Louie’s serves up the best Chicago bar style pizza in town. It’s as thin and crispy as a cracker and is topped with the freshest ingredients around. A real must have.
People who’ve had it agree. 3.5 stars on Yelp and 92% on Urban Spoon.
As you know, deep dish is synonymous with Chicago style. I don’t have to tell you that Pizza Hut pan pizza is not authentic deep dish. And while stuffed crust is also a sub style of Chicago style pizza, the Hut isn’t even in the ballpark. Pizza by Alex in Garland, Texas (their other location being Chicago, Illinois) serves the real deal. This is another out of the way, hole in the wall type place that you’ve likely never heard of. Again, if you don’t try this place you are doing yourself a huge disservice. Pizza by Alex not only serves the most authentic thin, pan, stuffed and deep dish pizzas that were invented in Chicago, but has also created some amazing Latin fusion pizzas of their own that are incredible too. For the moment, Pizza by Alex is BYOB. So don’t forget to bring your favorite bottle of wine to go with the best Chicago style pizza you can eat in DFW.
People who’ve had it agree. 4.5 stars on Yelp and 85% on Urban Spoon.
This post has been read 20071 times!
- ’30s style abortion.
- Peppermill Fireside Lounge is keeping it real.
- Movies you don’t have to think about.
- WorstDamnThings. – Rep. Todd Akin…
- Fat girls and tattoos.
- Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- Oregano’s – Pizza Beast-ro.
- Top Sci Fi Books of the 60′s…
- China Crown – Oak Cliff Wins Again!
- Quoc Bao Bakery =’s The Best Banh Mi
- email@example.com on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Amber Medin on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Brew news: DFW craft breweries opening this year on Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- Mark on I Don’t Appreciate Your Ruse, Stateside Pie & Beer.
- your mom on Worst Damn Things: The Hardest Leg Kick You Will Ever See.
Like what we're doing? Best Damn Things gladly accepts tips!