My favorite definition of the word ART is: ‘creation meant to communicate or appeal to senses or mind’. You might say this entire site is about art in one form or another. Food, drink, movies and music are all types of art on which we often report, especially those that have been mastered.
As you [...]
I don’t know what I can write about the historic Texas Theater located at 231 West Jefferson Blvd in Oak Cliff that hasn’t already been said. I don’t know what I can say that will make people give a shit, as most have not given a shit about the theater many times [...]
Nathan Sawaya is an artist from New York who creates sculptures using Lego blocks. A full time freelance artist, he spends over 6 figures a year on Lego’s… at his local Target department store. He uses the store bought toys as a means of allowing anyone with the inspiration to create the same way he [...]
Imagine the craziest sane person you know, with an even crazier not totally sane family and imagine they are all genius artists. I know it sounds like fiction, but that person is real and you probably have heard of him. His name is Robert Crumb. He is a groundbreaking underground cartoonist who even if you [...]
Imagine there was an alternate universe where the movies you know and love today had actually been made decades earlier. Well, it’s a terrific idea that artist Sean Hartter came up with and Peter Stultz perfected. Their retro artwork is cool enough, but the old school re casting of the films is just as brilliant. [...]
Subtitled French art house movie sound good? Of course not. That can’t possible be worth watching right? Normally I’d agree with you. However in this case, you’d be wrong.
This 1992 pitch black French comedy about a post-apocalyptic future involving cannibalism is one of the strangest movies I’ve ever enjoyed. Critics [...]
- China Crown – Oak Cliff Wins Again!
- Fat girls and tattoos.
- Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- Peppermill Fireside Lounge is keeping it real.
- Hard Times Beef Jerky.
- Movies you don’t have to think about.
- Double Down Saloon Dominates Las Vegas.
- WorstDamnThings. – Rep. Todd Akin…
- Oregano’s – Pizza Beast-ro.
- firstname.lastname@example.org on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Amber Medin on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Brew news: DFW craft breweries opening this year on Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- Mark on I Don’t Appreciate Your Ruse, Stateside Pie & Beer.
- your mom on Worst Damn Things: The Hardest Leg Kick You Will Ever See.
Like what we're doing? Best Damn Things gladly accepts tips!