Because it’s not from Collie’s in South Austin, TX. Do you understand me? They’re made from ground brisket and a little chuck. For God’s sake…BRISKET.
Brian Tripicchio is the Manager providing World Class Customer Service at Collie’s. I’m serious, not everything went well at this food truck. Honestly, the other guy that [...]
If Lee Harvey’s of south Dallas grew an unkempt neck beard, got a sleeve of tattoos on its calf, was a member of the Delta Tau Chi’s, then had sex with and impregnated The Gingerman of Dallas the offspring would be born in Denton, TX and would be named Oak Street Drafthouse.
When you [...]
What’s great about having this blog is that it allows me to sit high upon my horse (I named her Chastise) and pass judgment with broad, sweeping keystrokes. So here I go again.
Goodfriend Beer Garden and Burger House has been open for many months now and I’ve yet to write a review. The reason [...]
Austin is very excited about John Mueller. Who the hell is
Mueller is the grandson of Texas barbecue legend Louie Mueller, of Taylor, TX which has been in business since 1949. The son of Bobby Mueller, of the same fame, who worked with his dad since 1965. John used to work there, too. [...]
The Taste of Dallas 2012 festival was not great. I found it to be quite a pathetic showcase of what the city really has to offer. I think we all know we have a Joe’s Crab Shack and McDonald’s and don’t need to sample their delicacies. But if you looked hard enough it was possible [...]
We arrived at Peticolas Brewing Company in Dallas a little early for our scheduled semi-private 6:30 tour and found a deserted lobby. The only sound we could hear was that of loud music echoing in the back of the building. Peeking though an open door, we could see all the way to the back [...]
So, this was our first trip to Austin – not bad for a first outing! I have two bars and a few more pictures I need to show you.
First off, we went to Congress Bridge where all of the bats SHOULD have been…but, no effing bats. They decided not to show! [...]
I’m not sure what to call it. Gourmet? Fancy? Gringo tacos? Whatever they’re called, the popular trend of complicating the uncomplicated authentic Mexican taco has taken root. While I’m the authentic Mexican tacos number one fan, I have to admit I do enjoy her glamorous second cousin on occasion.
Any gourmet in my neck [...]
- Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- Movies you don’t have to think about.
- Peppermill Fireside Lounge is keeping it real.
- Arrogance Breeds Failure: A Lesson in Quality Service and Product.
- Double Down Saloon Dominates Las Vegas.
- Fat girls and tattoos.
- ’30s style abortion.
- WorstDamnThings. – Rep. Todd Akin…
- Mr. Wonderful.
- firstname.lastname@example.org on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Amber Medin on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Brew news: DFW craft breweries opening this year on Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- Mark on I Don’t Appreciate Your Ruse, Stateside Pie & Beer.
- your mom on Worst Damn Things: The Hardest Leg Kick You Will Ever See.
Like what we're doing? Best Damn Things gladly accepts tips!