Happy: Favored by luck or fortune; A feeling of contentment or peace, like you don’t need anything else. See: El Ranchito.
Tonight, we were lucky enough to eat some of the best Mexican food in Dallas – El Ranchito in Oak Cliff.
This is not some bullshit El Fenix / On [...]
It’s tough getting incredible seafood when you’re not on the water. It’s also not on the top of the agenda in a steak and taters loving area of the country. But enter - La Calle Doce. Located at 415 W. 12th St. in Oak Cliff since 1981, it is definitely a must-have! They’ve [...]
I first discovered the “fast food chain” Burguesa Burger a few years ago when I was exploring the little known underground tunnels of downtown Dallas. It was about lunch time when I rounded a corner to find an area of the tunnel resembling a mall food court. It was there I first saw it. [...]
What’s great about having this blog is that it allows me to sit high upon my horse (I named her Chastise) and pass judgment with broad, sweeping keystrokes. So here I go again.
Goodfriend Beer Garden and Burger House has been open for many months now and I’ve yet to write a review. The reason [...]
To call some Yelpers brainless is an understatement.
I’m about to swear off of Yelp. While it’s been a reliable tool for us to use in places like San Francisco, it’s becoming more and more unreliable in our current hometown of Dallas. I’m convinced letting the Dallas consumers determine what’s good or bad [...]
Oak Cliff is my favorite Dallas neighborhood. It is by far the most historically and culturally rich part of Dallas. There is no better way to see the real Oak Cliff than to have a life long resident as a tour guide. A good friend of mine has lived there his entire life, through [...]
The Taste of Dallas 2012 festival was not great. I found it to be quite a pathetic showcase of what the city really has to offer. I think we all know we have a Joe’s Crab Shack and McDonald’s and don’t need to sample their delicacies. But if you looked hard enough it was possible [...]
I don’t know what I can write about the historic Texas Theater located at 231 West Jefferson Blvd in Oak Cliff that hasn’t already been said. I don’t know what I can say that will make people give a shit, as most have not given a shit about the theater many times [...]
- Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- ’30s style abortion.
- Movies you don’t have to think about.
- WorstDamnThings. – Rep. Todd Akin…
- Peppermill Fireside Lounge is keeping it real.
- Fat girls and tattoos.
- Arrogance Breeds Failure: A Lesson in Quality Service and Product.
- Top Sci Fi Books of the 60′s…
- Jerome, bring me my Caduceus.
- firstname.lastname@example.org on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Amber Medin on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Brew news: DFW craft breweries opening this year on Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- Mark on I Don’t Appreciate Your Ruse, Stateside Pie & Beer.
- your mom on Worst Damn Things: The Hardest Leg Kick You Will Ever See.
Like what we're doing? Best Damn Things gladly accepts tips!