Everyone knows that beer is marketed to men. Just look at any beer commercial ever made. But few know that the oldest known beer recipe, found written on 4,000 year old clay tablets from Mesopotamia, was a hymn celebrating Ninkasi, the Sumerian patron goddess of brewing. The tablet describes the production of [...]
Happy: Favored by luck or fortune; A feeling of contentment or peace, like you don’t need anything else. See: El Ranchito.
Tonight, we were lucky enough to eat some of the best Mexican food in Dallas – El Ranchito in Oak Cliff.
This is not some bullshit El Fenix / On [...]
Thursday, November 1, Mike Patton of Faith No More brought Tomahawk to Houston for the first time in over a decade. It was an outstanding display of musical ability in the little Fitzgerald’s venue. Tomahawk has a cult following, mainly due to Mike Patton’s previous fame with FNM. They started in [...]
It’s tough getting incredible seafood when you’re not on the water. It’s also not on the top of the agenda in a steak and taters loving area of the country. But enter - La Calle Doce. Located at 415 W. 12th St. in Oak Cliff since 1981, it is definitely a must-have! They’ve [...]
Because it’s not from Collie’s in South Austin, TX. Do you understand me? They’re made from ground brisket and a little chuck. For God’s sake…BRISKET.
Brian Tripicchio is the Manager providing World Class Customer Service at Collie’s. I’m serious, not everything went well at this food truck. Honestly, the other guy that [...]
Austin is very excited about John Mueller. Who the hell is
Mueller is the grandson of Texas barbecue legend Louie Mueller, of Taylor, TX which has been in business since 1949. The son of Bobby Mueller, of the same fame, who worked with his dad since 1965. John used to work there, too. [...]
Oak Cliff is my favorite Dallas neighborhood. It is by far the most historically and culturally rich part of Dallas. There is no better way to see the real Oak Cliff than to have a life long resident as a tour guide. A good friend of mine has lived there his entire life, through [...]
To know how I really feel about Frisco and west Plano Texas all you have to do is read my review of The Holy Grail. You should do that anyway in order to get a better sense of the comparisons that are made in the review you are about to enjoy. So, go ahead…
- Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- ’30s style abortion.
- Movies you don’t have to think about.
- WorstDamnThings. – Rep. Todd Akin…
- Peppermill Fireside Lounge is keeping it real.
- Fat girls and tattoos.
- Arrogance Breeds Failure: A Lesson in Quality Service and Product.
- Top Sci Fi Books of the 60′s…
- China Crown – Oak Cliff Wins Again!
- firstname.lastname@example.org on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Amber Medin on Best Damn Things Opening Dallas Craft Beer Pub.
- Brew news: DFW craft breweries opening this year on Five Amazing Women Pioneering The Dallas Craft Beer Scene.
- Mark on I Don’t Appreciate Your Ruse, Stateside Pie & Beer.
- your mom on Worst Damn Things: The Hardest Leg Kick You Will Ever See.
Like what we're doing? Best Damn Things gladly accepts tips!